Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Passover Sensory Tub

I've been itching to make Ethan some sensory tubs, but between work life and home life, I can't seem to find any free time. I put this project off for the summer. But then, the beauty that is Spring Break arrived, and I've got some time to be a crafty and creative Mommy. 

I decided to put together a Passover Sensory Tub to entertain Ethan during the Seder tomorrow night. I chose items that represent the ten plagues: blood, frogs, lice, wild beasts, cattle disease, boils, locusts, hail, darkness, and slaying of the first born. (I know, I know, sounds macabre, but my mind was swimming with all the neat items I could use to represent these things!)

Here is what I used:

  • sand, stones, rocks, shredded paper (desert filler)
  • sparkly red pipe cleaners
  • sparkly red poofs
  • aluminum foil
  • squishy frogs
  • Little People animals
  • lion figurine
  • grasshopper figurine
  • foam spiders
  • sparkly black foam
  • baby figurines
  • green tub and scoop (both from the Dollar Tree)

Here's what I ended up with:


No comments:

Post a Comment