Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 29, 2013

Our Passover Meals

I'm so lucky to be on Spring Break during Passover. It's hard enough to work and cook meals, but even harder with all these food restrictions during this eight-day holiday. Sure I could throw together some matzah + cream cheese "sandwiches", but how many days of that can one tolerate? 

Having the time off allows me to actually think through our menu for the week, shop day-to-day for ingredients, and take my time when cooking or baking. I can usually get away with making dinner during Ethan's nap, and I try to get breakfast and lunch for the next day taken care of in the evenings when he's gone to bed.

We've had to get very creative with some of Ethan's meals, since he's a super picky eater anyway, but we're trying to get by. I'm sure he's wondering why he hasn't had his normal menu of carbs, but he seems to be adjusting.

Here are some of our favorite passover meals:

Breakfast
Apple Cinnamon Potato Noodle Kugel with Golden Raisins
Matzah Brei with Cinnamon + Sugar
Matzah Farfel Granola with Craisins

Lunch
Passover Sandwich Rolls
Egg Salad 
Tuna Salad

Dinner
Homemade Turkey Meatballs with Chili-Grape Sauce
Wild Salmon Potato Casserole
Safta's Homemade Matzah Balls + Chicken Soup
Passover Roll Pizzas
Passover Roll Grilled Cheese (E's favorite)
Spaghetti Squash Kugel
"Breaded" Chicken Breast Cutlets

Dessert
Forgotten Cookies
Chocolate Covered Matzah

No comments:

Post a Comment