Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Warning: A Post About Poop

This blog is not for the faint of heart stomach. I can't believe I'm doing it, but I've officially spiraled into the world of mommyhood. I am devoting an entire blog post to poop. 

I ask you: How does a baby poop so much, that said poop comes up and out of his shirt sleeve??? Yes, I said shirt sleeve.

This morning, Ethan woke very early, and talked in his crib until I was done getting ready. Normally if he wakes, he is able to go back to sleep, but not today. I went to get him, and when I opened the door, I was smacked in the face by a horrible odor. I thought he may have peed out of his diaper, but the bed wasn't wet. 

When I put him down on the changing mat, he started wailing. I sat him up, and decided to change him that way, which is when I saw it. The poop coming out of his shirt sleeve. At this point, I knew I was in for it. When I peeled off his sleeper, I saw the damage that had been done. He was covered in poop. I'm talking up to his neck. 

Now, folks, you know it's bad when you try to use wipes to clean it up, and it only smears it around. I knew that effort was futile. Up to the bathtub we went for a hose down. My poor poop-covered baby screamed and screamed, until I got him in the warm, soapy water. I gave him the fastest bath possible, shoved all the poop covered items in the washing machine and started it, and cleaned myself up. 

After all of that hoopla {or should I say, poopla} we managed to make it out of the house, only 5 minutes late...and with my coffee in hand! 

What a way to start our day!

1 comment: