Stats: Again, no doctor's appointment, so no official stats. I would guess Ethan is still somewhere around 20 or 21 pounds. His length is off the charts, and we constantly hear comments about how tall he is! Something we can add to this section is all the teeth that Ethan has sprouted! Last month, he had one tooth, and he was cutting his second. Now, he's got both front bottom teeth, and he is cutting three more on the top! He's become a drool monster, due to all this teething. He has been handling it like a champ, and except for a few interrupted naps, and refusal to eat very much, he's his normal, happy self.
Likes: Unfortunately for us, Ethan's has some new favorite "toys": door handles, toilet paper rolls, electrical cords, drawer and cabinet pulls, and Tobi's water bowl. It's very difficult to get things done when you are chasing a baby around, trying to get him to stay away from his favorite things. Ethan enjoys playing with his new piano toy, and lion walker as well. I'm happy to report that Ethan enjoys some finger foods. On the acceptable list of table foods: grapes, peaches, strawberries, grilled cheese, Nutella and bread, goldfish crackers, graham crackers, pancakes, waffles, and cheese cubes. He will sometimes eat baked beans, black beans, carrots, peas, corn, ravioli, and macaroni and cheese.
Dislikes: One thing Ethan dislikes, is having Kevin or me stick food in his mouth. He will usually only take yogurt or applesauce from us. He has even started to reject pureed food at times. He is becoming very independent in his eating, which is what we wanted, but now he'll only eat what he wants, and not necessarily what we want.
Tricks: Ethan is definitely on the move. He is crawling like crazy, and cruising along tables and couches. He loves pushing his lion walker around the house. He is beginning to get the concept of peek-a-boo, and will cover his face with a blanket or piece of clothing when we say peek-a-boo, and pull it of his face, showing a big smile!
Mom: I'm still loving work! It's exhausting, stressful, and overwhelming at times, but it is also extremely gratifying. I still adore my students...and it's been 8 weeks! I can't lie, though, I am very much looking forward to my Fall Break after next week! My newest project is Ethan's first birthday party. We are planning a giraffe themed party. I'm so excited to celebrate Ethan's first year of life, and at the same time, I'm blown away that this yeaer has come and gone. It's true what they say...The days are long, but the years are short.
This is a bootleg copy of a picture from our Pinsky family photo shoot in Cincinnati. It happened to be on Ethan's 11-month birthday, so how could I not post it! I will post more pics when we get the CD!

What a big boy!!! So cute.
ReplyDelete