Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Baby Meal Ideas?? Anyone??

While writing my last post about Ethan's 11 month update, I got the idea to write a post about meal ideas for babies. Now don't get excited...I'm not going to be sharing any bright ideas. Quite the opposite, in fact. I want to know from all the mamas out there, what are some meals your kiddos really love (or loved when they were Ethan's age)? 

I'd like to expose Ethan to a variety of foods, and want to expand his list of favorites, but the most frustrating thing is when I spend time making a meal for him, and he promptly rejects it. I know I'm supposed to be feeding him stuff that I would cook for myself, but I'm not exactly eating very healthily these days! So, let me know what kinds of things I should try.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 comment:

  1. It is difficult as one day they love something and the next day it is being tossed overboard in disgust!

    Some of our favorite meals:
    Breakfast - oatmeal (like real, not baby or instant, I make with whole milk, mix in applesauce and cinnamon)
    Both pumpkin and blueberry pancakes

    Lunch - tortila pizza (like a bagel pizza, but easier to eat) I put sauce, cheese, and diced ham on it.
    By far, grilled cheese is Miss L's favorite

    I try to always push fruits and veggies- mandarin oranges, natural applesauce, and corn are some faves.

    I try to feed her from our plates first, but when push comes to shove or if we are having something spicy and non-baby friendly - then I whip up these.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete