Well, I made it. I got through my first official week back at work. I won't say it went perfectly, but it went. I have to say that I love my students...all 29 of them! There are, however, some things I forgot about teaching, and I was reminded of them this week.
1) Your feet will hurt...a lot. I forgot how much I have to be on my feet, walking around, monitoring groups, rushing to use the copier/restroom/eat a snack/prep for activities...all during my 50 minutes of prep time. My poor tootsies are so achy by the end of the day!
2) You have to scarf down your food. A 30 minute lunch isn't really a 30 minute lunch, once you drop your kids off, use the restroom, wash your hands, heat your meal, check your mailbox, and clean up with time to spare to pick up your kids. It's really only a 15 minute lunch...if that.
3) You will sweat. At night, when I set out my clothes for the next day, I don't ask myself what will I not sweat in. I ask myself what will I sweat the least in. The constant movement (see the first entry on this list) causes you to perspirate...and it ain't pretty.
I'm sure there are many more things that I will remember as I experience them and think, Oh yeah! For now, I'm just glad I made it through {mostly} unscathed.
LOL! Great post and great insight. Congrats on the accomplishment!
ReplyDelete