Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Happy 9-Month Birthday, Ethan!



It's hard to believe that it's been nine months since my little man was born. It seems like each day brings new changes and developments, and it's exciting to watch him grow.

Stats: We have a doctor's appointment this week, so I promise to post Ethan's stats. He's been quite the eating machine this past week, so I can't wait to see how that translates on the scale.

Likes: This list continues to grow. Ethan exploring cause-and-effect relationships. He throws things on the ground, listening for them to hit the floor, he bangs things together to hear the sound, and he has learned how to push buttons on his toys to make them work and play music. Ethan has also grown quite fond of Tobi. He loves to grab pet Tobi, and thinks he is hilarious, even when he's not doing anything! Ethan has a babysitter, Ali, who stays with him so that I can go to work and prepare my room. He LOVES her, and she is wonderful with him.

Dislikes: Ethan doesn't really have many dislikes. He does show dissatisfaction by throwing little crying fits...we're working on it.

Tricks: His list of tricks has multiplied!! Ethan is "scoot-crawling"...it's not quite scooting, and not quite crawling. He manages to move from Point A to Point B quite efficiently, using this method. Ethan has learned how to get himself into a sitting position, including once he wakes up, which has prompted us lower his mattress. Finally, Ethan can feed himself! He picks up puffs on his own (one at a time, at that), and can get them into his mouth (most of the time). Tobi is always laying in wait by Ethan's high chair, waiting for him to drop Puffs. Unfortunately for Tobi, Ethan's hand-to-mouth coordination continues to improve daily. 

Mom: I didn't think I'd be saying this, but I'm ready to go back to school. The more I've been getting my room ready, the more I realize how big a part of me teaching actually is. I'm still not quite sure how I will juggle everything once I'm back at work, but I'm trying not to worry about that. I think it will just fall into place...eventually!

1 comment:

  1. He just gets cuter and cuter! I'm glad you are feeling good about going back to school-- I think you will juggle everything quite well!

    ReplyDelete