Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 7, 2011

Today, I Almost Said...

Scrotum. 

In class.

(Julie, I KNOW what you're thinking!) 

By accident, of course.

I was reading an article about how the Plains Indians used all the parts of the buffalo. My kids were actively listening to all the odd parts that were used, and how they were used. I was quickly trying to get through it, and flipped the page over. 

That's when I saw it (and almost said it)...Scrotum. I hope the kids didn't notice my eyes get wide as I fumbled over that word to the next one. 

Can you imagine the parent phone calls and e-mails I would have gotten for that one?? Not to mention the awkward questions I would have had to answer point blank. I just thank my lucky stars I didn't make copies of it for the kids!

By the way, those crafty Plains Indians used the "unmentionable" for...ceremonial rattles. Odd.

2 comments: