Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 27, 2011

RIP MacBook

Early this morning, while drinking coffee and playing Spider Solitaire, I did something stupid. I dropped my coffee mug on my MacBook, the couch, and myself. I don't know how it actually happened, but it did. The laptop immediately shut off. 

After muttering a few choice words, I removed the battery from the laptop, tried to shake as much coffee out of it, cleaned up the couch, and went upstairs to tell Kevin that I just ruined my computer.

Kevin ran downstairs and began to take the computer apart. He was able to remove the hard drive, and we made an appointment at the Apple Store to see if they could resurrect the computer. The cost to clean and fix it was more than what the computer was worth, so we decided not to do that, and opted to buy a brand new MacBook Pro.

Next, we headed to Frye's to get a hard drive enclosure to see if we could transfer files from my old hard drive to the new one. THANK GOODNESS, the coffee didn't get to it, and I was able to access all of my old files and pictures! 

My old MacBook lived a good life, and I was sad to see it go...but its files will live on in my new Pro.

RIP MacBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment