It all started when we checked our bags in Indianapolis (on Saturday), and they told us that our bags would be checked straight through to Barbados. Even though we were supposed to stop over night in Toronto. We were a little worried, but we got to Toronto, sans luggage of course. We stayed overnight in the hotel with no toiletries, no change of clothes, no nothing. It was fine for one night, we kept telling ourselves.
Our flight to Barbados was FABULOUS. We were in business class, and got such great treatment (I'm talking omelettes, our own personal flat screens with a selection of movies, etc.). As soon as we got to Barbados, the wind was let out of our sails. We were stranded with NO luggage. That's right, the luggage that was supposed to be checked through, was clearly not. We filed a claim and were off to our hotel.
Now, I am going to skip the part where we start panicking about our lost clothes, venture out into the streets of Barbados to find something suitable to wear in the 80 degree weather (since we came in winter clothing), and have a few crying fits (me, not Kevin). I will also save you all the blow-by-blow of Kevin's irate conversation with the Air Canada customer service representatives.
While we waited for our luggage, we enjoyed a nice lunch by the water, I got a massage (much needed), and Kevin got to hang out on the beach and go into the clear blue ocean.
To make a long story short, we finally got our luggage 30 hours later, at around 7:30 tonight. It was like Chanukah when we opened it to find all of our own stuff! We have decided to forget about the last 30 hours, and have decided that our honeymoon officially began when we got our luggage. I am including pictures from the best parts of our honeymoon thus far: the sparkling wine we enjoyed (compliments of the Hilton), our luggage, and Kevin enjoying his first Brandy (not as good as we initially thought it would be). More to come tomorrow...or whenever I get my next chance to blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment