Thursday, October 22, 2009
Where Have All the Bloggers Gone???
I know I should be the last one to complain about infrequent blogging, but I've been checking my favorite friends' blogs for updates, only to find out that no one is blogging! I thought that maybe if I shared info about what's been going on in our lives, maybe others would follow.
There haven't been too many changes here in the Pinsky household. I'm getting more and more used to my new name. Kevin came to my school's Fall Festival, and I think he kept chuckling when a student would come up to me and say, "Hi, Mrs. Pinsky!" It was cute.
A few weeks ago, my car was rear-ended. No major damage, but the check that the insurance company wrote us will be used to give my car a new paint job...which it so badly needs. We also got the inside of the car detailed, after my travel mug of coffee was sadly ejected from the cupholder upon impact, and dumped all over the driver's side floor mat. All of this has prompted us to look into selling the car in about 6 months.
In other news, after an award winning guilt trip, we've volunteered our house to be the site of my family's Thanksgiving Dinner 2010. We have no formal dining room table as of yet, but are seriously considering making this purchase in the very near future. Otherwise, we'll be getting very creative with the seating arrangements.
Lastly, I am now on fall break. A year ago at this time, my best friend Jenn flew to help me shop for my wedding dress. It was a very exciting and memorable long weekend. This year, so far I've shopped at Express, cleaned out my closet and dresser (and collected 5 bags of clothes and shoes for Good Will), changed out old pillows for new ones, and finished reading the last sections of two kid's novels that I'm teaching. Clearly, it's not as much excitement as last year, but at least it is a testament to the fact that my life is finally starting to get back to normal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment