Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mini Countdown

One month until I kick the Indy mini-marathon's butt, or until it kicks my butt. The latter seems more likely at this point. In the last 6 months, I have worn out one pair of brand new running shoes and moved on to my second pair, nursed a knee injury, and have battled a month of colds, culminating in my current sinus infection. May I just say that it is very difficult to run when you can't even breath! I still haven't run more than 6 miles in one workout, but that gives me all the more motivation to push myself this month. There are however, some positive things that have come out of this. First, I have definitely toned up, most notably, my abs! (YAY!) I've begun to eat a much more healthy diet. Yesterday, my trainer asked me which food I would eat if I had the worst day ever, and I actually said Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches and popcorn. He was shocked I didn't say pizza or something fatty like that, but that's not even in my regular diet anymore! This whole healthy eating thing combined with the running is also helping me stay in shape for the upcoming nuptials. Now, I may be walking a lot more of the 13.2 miles than I had originally wanted to, but I will finish it, and not have to be picked up by the "loser bus" (my worst nightmare!). Once I'm done, I'll have a goal for next year's mini...to beat this year's time!

2 comments:

  1. One more reason to look forward to summer boating... showing off your new abs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way would you have to be picked up by the loser bus! You sound like the trainings that I've done in the past....I don't think I ever did more than a 7 mile run before any of my 6 minis! [at which time I started going to the Derby instead!]

    You'll find it will be much easier to run more of it than you think because of all the people who are around you. It becomes a social run....and you find those few people who have the same pace as you...then you motivate each other.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete