skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Spring is Here!!
Spring finally feels like it's here! It was questionable for a while last week, when temperatures dropped into the 30s and 40s, and snow showers (and hail) fell...in April. There's that good old Indiana weather, surprising us.
In addition to the drastic changes in weather (it is now in the 50s and 60s during the day), there have been some big happenings this month, and we're not even halfway through yet! First, and most importantly, Kevin's brother and sister-in-law welcomed a very beautiful little boy, Elijah Samuel, into the world. What can I say, boys kinda run in the family. I guess they are just carrying on the tradition. Kevin asked me if there was ever any doubt that they'd be having a boy, and I told him not to be so confident about the boys, because he may end up with 3 girls!!
Not as cool as the new nephew, but still an accomplishment, Kevin and I planted our first flower bed today. We now have calla lillies, tulips, and two other kinds of flowers that looked cool, but I can't remember the names of, growing in our backyard. We're gonna wait a few weeks to see how well they do before we attempt the flower bed in the front yard. We figured that as beginning gardeners, the back would be a good place to start, because if we me
ssed up, we'd be the only ones who had to look at it. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!
I'm throwing in a picture of Tobi. He was absolutely no help throughout the whole gardening process...but he sure is cute!
I highly recommend getting the Preen weed preventer/flower booster and sprinkling on the top of the mulch and watering in. It REALLY helps keep down the weeds. Wish I would've known that the first time I planted a flower bed!
ReplyDelete