Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Perspective

Today my parents shared some terrible news with me. A family who belongs to our temple suffered a tragedy. The 44-year-old husband suffered an aneurysm and stroke while playing soccer yesterday. He was rushed to the hospital, and continued to suffer multiple strokes throughout the night. The doctors are pretty sure that he will not make it through the night. He has three children (the oldest recently had her Bat Mitzvah). My dad visited with them today, and as you can imagine with these grim circumstances, they are not doing well at all. Things like this make you realize how trivial most of our problems really are. I left school much earlier than I normally do because I had a "bad day". The biggest problem I had today was the stack of grading I had put off! Then, this happens, and it really puts things in perspectives. Please keep this family in your thoughts as they struggle to get through this tough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment