Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Little Things

I was going to go to school today to catch up on some work.

I did not make it.

Instead, I took a personal day.

Personal days used to mean laying around the house, napping at will, manicures and pedicures. Nowadays, they mean something totally different.

They mean enjoying a quiet drive through town.

They mean making multiple stops without having to remove a baby from his carseat...or have to put him back in.

They mean taking my time, browsing in stores, without the ticking time bomb Ethan counting down to meltdown status.

They mean not pushing a stroller through the mall...while holding numerous shopping bags, and a baby who refuses to stay in his stroller.

They mean savoring my lunch, rather than scarf it down.

They mean spending two hours reading a book {for pleasure} at Panera.

Yep. That's how I spent my day. It's the little things, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment