Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sharon Family Thanksgiving {2012}


Thanksgiving. 

One of my favorite holidays of the entire year. I think I love it for a variety of reasons. It kicks off the holiday season. It gives us time to reflect on where we were last year at this time, and how we got to where we are now. It gives me an opportunity to count my blessings. It is an excuse to eat...and eat...and eat. It causes you to stop, and focus on the thing that is most important ~ family. 

Another reason I love Thanksgiving is because it gives me an opportunity to be "Susie Homemaker". I enjoy trying new holiday recipes, and building my repertoire of old favorites. I feel like I add a few more "keepers" each year. In my family, a lot of memories center around holiday meals and particular foods, and I hope to create the same kinds of memories for my children. I cooked and baked up a storm this year, but it was worth it. The end result was that each and every recipe turned out perfectly, which never happens to me. Kevin joked that it was because he didn't help me this year! 

I'm including our 2012 Thanksgiving Menu, complete with links to make the stuff that I contributed, in case you want to try them out, too.


Thanksgiving Meal {2012}


Oven Roasted Turkey

Herb Stuffing

Mom's Cranberry "Salsa"








Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment