Monday, August 30, 2010
Our FIRST Anniversary
One year ago today, I married the most wonderful man I have ever met. This year has flown by, and has been quite an adventure. From our vacations in Barbados and Hawaii, to combining our checking accounts, our first year of marriage has been full of big changes and new experiences. We celebrated our anniversary in Hawaii at the beginning of the month, and had a more modest celebration last night (since Kevin travels for work during the week), where we cooked dinner and enjoyed our defrosted wedding cake.

I realize I have not shared how Kevin and I met. We were set up on a blind date by friends exactly three years ago. That's right, we got married two years after we met...to the day. As you can see, August 30th is quite significant to us. Anyway, Kevin was very quiet throughout dinner. I carried the majority of the conversation...I know, shocking. The dynamics of our relationship have not changed much since then. After dinner, we decided to get a few drinks, at which point Kevin became way more talkative. Our conversation flowed easily and we found we were looking for the same things in a significant other. After that, we were pretty much inseparable, and the rest is history.
Happy Anniversary to my extraordinary husband. Can't wait to share many, many more years with you!
Labels:
anniversary,
marriage
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy anniversary! The years just fly by.
ReplyDelete