You may or may not know that this week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Today, my students created a card and they all signed it. When I opened the card it said, "You have just been appreciated!" They were so proud of their wittiness, it made me giggle. I am so ready for summer break, but it's moments like that that make me realize how much I'll miss my kiddos.
Teachers, I know how hard you work and how invested you are in your kids. Even though you may have challenging students (and parents) to deal with, state testing and standards to incorporate, a thousand and one meetings to attend, more data than you know what to do with to discuss and record, and endless piles of papers to grade, keep it up. We are the only stable people in many of our students' lives, and just knowing we are there makes them feel secure. So, in the illustrious words of my students, to all my teacher friends out there, "You have just been appreciated!"
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Teacher Appreciation Week
You may or may not know that this week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Today, my students created a card and they all signed it. When I opened the card it said, "You have just been appreciated!" They were so proud of their wittiness, it made me giggle. I am so ready for summer break, but it's moments like that that make me realize how much I'll miss my kiddos.
Teachers, I know how hard you work and how invested you are in your kids. Even though you may have challenging students (and parents) to deal with, state testing and standards to incorporate, a thousand and one meetings to attend, more data than you know what to do with to discuss and record, and endless piles of papers to grade, keep it up. We are the only stable people in many of our students' lives, and just knowing we are there makes them feel secure. So, in the illustrious words of my students, to all my teacher friends out there, "You have just been appreciated!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for being an awesome teacher!
ReplyDelete