Tuesday, June 30, 2009
It's Actually Happening!
As the wedding approaches, it seems more and more real. When we first got engaged, we had over 400 days until the wedding, and now we have 61. Sure, we booked our vendors for "the big day", but it was very surreal. The events of the last week, as well as what is yet to occur this week, is making the wedding seem all too near.
Last week, I had my final dress fitting. This was the first time that it actually felt like MY dress. A little scary, I must admit. On Saturday, we spent time with Kevin's family at dinner. We got to see his cousins, aunts and uncles, including Aunt Nancy and Uncle Sherman from North Carolina. (I am mentioning them specifically because Aunt Nancy told me that she started reading my blog!) On Sunday, Kevin's aunts (Jo, Nancy, Linda, and Karen) threw me a beautiful bridal shower. I got a bright red Kitchen Aid mixer (YAY), among many other awesome gifts. Nothing says marriage like a Kitchen Aid mixer!
Today I sent out the wedding invitations. It was almost like they didn't want to go, since I had to take them to the post office twice. The first time I tried to send them, the postal worker told me they were too heavy. I was a little bummed, since that meant I had to buy 17 cent stamps. Now, the pretty interlocking wedding band stamps are accompanied by the rugged bighorn sheep stamps. What can I say? I'm making a statement.
This week is packed with many more wedding-related activities, including: 1) a trip to Sam's Club to buy items for the out-of-towner goody bags; 2) printing off the table numbers; 3) bottling the wine we made at Grape Inspirations (these are our custom made wedding favors); 4) meeting with the rabbis at the temple to map out the ceremony; 5) drafting the ceremony program. Wish us luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment