Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 28, 2009

School's Out for Summer!!!

Aaahhh (that's me breathing a sigh of relief). I don't know who is more excited about summer break, students or teachers. I'm going to go with teachers. Yes, it's true, students have the luxury of no homework, no rules, and no teachers. However, teachers are free of grading, parent phone calls/e-mails, endless meetings, lesson planning, disciplining kids (unless you have your own), limited times to use the restroom, and the list goes on and on. These are some things I will miss: My fifth grade students. They are off to middle school. This is always bittersweet for me. I know I've prepared them the best that I can, and that they have all the tools necessary to be successful (although some kids choose not to use these tools). I will still miss their presence in my classroom...well most of them, anyway. Good or bad, they have all left their marks (and some bruises). Now...some things to look forward to this summer: 1) Bridal showers - Indy and Cincy 2) Vacation with Kevin's family in Tennessee 3) Going back to the gym 4) Boating on Geist with Andy and Allison 5) BACHELORETTE PARTY! 6) Reading "big people" books 7) Sleeping past 5:15am on weekdays 8) Blogging more than once a month 9) My birthday 10) Kevin's birthday

1 comment:

  1. By my count you have already enjoyed 6 out of the 10 of these in your break... I'm guessing on a few of them though. 11) Going to Ale on Tuesdays! I hope you are having a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete