Pages

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 4, 2011

Tobi's Diet

Tobi went to the veterinarian a few weeks ago for some shots. Apparently, we have been overfeeding our dog. I didn't even know that was possible! According to the IAMS dog food bag, a dog of Tobi's size should be eating three cups of food. Our vet said that he should only be eating a cup and a half!

We noticed something was wrong when he was having trouble get up after laying down for extended periods of time, and then walking like his hind legs were asleep. The vet thought this was due to his additional weight. 

Now, poor Tobi only gets one cup of food in the morning and one cup at night. I know the vet said a cup and half, but he was having to much trouble adjusting to such a drastic drop in food! Lately, we've been supplementing his evening cup with a small can of green beans (per the vet's suggestion), which he LOVES. 

I never thought I'd be one of those doggy-moms who let their dog get too big...who knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment